Monday, December 8, 2008

even our footstools are festive

Today I've been trying to finish up the Christmas decorating.
All the front windows now have wreaths hung on them.
I found this tutorial for an origami wreath ornament through Tiny Happy. I thought this would be an excellent way to recycle some of the boys' artwork and something that we could work on together, but silly me. No origami for four and under. The wreath came out very cute though.

Then, even after all John's mishaps in the kitchen, we worked on some baking this morning. Today's mishap, however, was Finny related. I set the butter to soften and found this:
I asked Finn if he knew what happened here. He said, "Yes. It was de-wishes!"

We managed to make our Madelienes,
and they too, were "de-wishes."

8 comments:

Ry Guy said...

Mmmm... Butter Bars, the candy bar that's really just a stick of butter!

Finn says, "I'll take THREE!"

Lisa said...

Did I ever tell you your boys have a really good "turn out?" They should consider being Irish dancers. ;)

annemcd said...

Katie does the same thing! If there is butter in the house, she'll start eating it straight. I swear, she channels Paula Dean . ...

Kayleen said...

I love how you can see Jamie's little toes in the picture with John and Finn on the stools. Hopefully he doesn't learn too much mischief from his big brothers :)

Mountain Mom Alison said...

Everything looks so festive! I haven't even started, too busy making gifts I suppose...

Bridget said...

Butter! Yum! My kids do the same if I am not vigilant.

Sarah A said...

Flighty girl,
I am a complete stranger. I found your blog through shortcutomushrooms blog which I found through houseartjournal. Anyways, I just feel compelled to tell you how much I enjoy reading your posts. Esp this last 'de-wishes' one. I laughed and laughed (and then later my husband and I laughed and laughed) b/c I too have little ones (4) and these are the everyday occurences in my home too. Most of my 'great' ideas have been 'foiled' by my children since day one! I appreciate how real you are in your posts. It is so nice to be reminded we are not alone! Thank you!

Kelly said...

Thank you Sarah A.