Saturday, December 13, 2008

peppermint bark

peppermint bark
1 bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 bag of white chocolate chips
1 tsp. peppermint extract
6 candy canes crushed
silpat or tinfoil on a cookie sheet
In double boiler (or bowl over boiling water) melt semi-sweet chocolate. When it's thoroughly melted, remove from heat and stir in peppermint extract. Spread on silpat, sprinkle about half your crushed candy canes over the top, and throw in the fridge till hard.
Melt white chocolate and pour over hardened semi-sweet layer. Cover with the rest of the crushed candy canes. Chill till hard, cut and eat!

3 comments:

annemcd said...

Yum! I'm going to go make some right now! I've also made chocolate covered pretzles-- melt a bag of semi sweet choc chips with 1/2 t mint extract, dip pretzle rods and place on cookie sheet lined with wax paper to cool and harden. Then, drizzle with melted white chocolate.

I love this excuse to eat so much chocolate!!!

Mountain Mom Alison said...

Mmmm. You must have read my mind, as this is on my list of things to make! Yours look scrumptious.

Bridget said...

silpat????????????

I have NO idea what that is!