Monday, February 2, 2009

when it rains...

This weekend, it poured. Just house stuff, sick kids, and more house stuff.
I took Jamie to the doctor today and he has an ear infection. The poor little guy.
Over the weekend our furnace went out and had to be replaced as did our hot water heater. Everything was a bit stressful, I would say, as one problem was addressed, another would pop up. But tonight, as I was making dinner, I realized the sun had yet to go down (now this has probably been happening for some time, but we've had so few clear days, that I didn't even notice). I realized that the days are getting longer and that Spring is coming. Albeit not for a couple months, but it's coming all the same, and this "pouring rain" can't last forever.
our pretty mid-Winter sunset

2 comments:

Mod Girl said...

Gorgeous photo, looks like flames. Winter and pouring rain will pass... and joy comes in the morning.

Poppy and Mei said...

Amazing pic!
Makes me a little nervous though, considering what's been happening here in Oz...XXxx