Tuesday, March 24, 2009

our daily bread

Jamie has been a bit of a handful. Literally. He always wants to be held, so it seems like morning routine or not, we're not getting too much done around here. That's ok, though. We did manage to get a bit of regular business out of the way this morning, and then we made bread.
I've been making our regular sandwich bread for a bit now, mostly just dumping the ingredients into the bread maker, then putting it in the oven to bake. But today I just decided to do it all by hand, and it was really so much more fun. The boys were so happy to knead that bread for however long I wanted. There was even a spontaneous connection made by them between the rising of the bread and Easter.

I must admit, even though it was a fairly quick and fast recipe from the Joy of Cooking, it tasted so much better than my bread machine recipe. The boys thought it was cool that they made the bread. So maybe we'll just be making it by hand for now.

No comments: