Monday, March 2, 2009

weekend update & a sewing project

This last weekend we decided for a little change of scenery, and headed up to Niagara Falls.


As you can see, it was pretty darn cold there. On Saturday we walked outside and couldn't believe how cold it was. Later we were listening to the radio and it said it was negative 9 degrees! We had a fabulous view from the hotel. So that's where we stayed. They had a pool, big buffet breakfast, movies on the t.v. - a great time was had by all.
Our rowdy crew at breakfast overlooking the falls.
I was able to knit some leg warmers on the drive (well, mostly. I finished the last part of leg warmer #2 on the drive to church on Sunday). I've really wanted leg warmers for a long time, and by the looks of this Winter, I still get some use out of them yet.

John has jumped up to size 5 in little boys clothes, I can't believe it. He definitely needed a swimsuit for the pool, and I happened to have some quick-dry fabric that I thrifted for a buck, so I whipped one up for him. I didn't get any action shots at the pool, cause I was swimmin too, so we went "swimming" this morning in the bathtub (and this is the only shot that didn't come out too blurry!)
I didn't use a pattern, just loosely based it off of some old trunks he had. Daniel was impressed that it actually looked like a bathing suit. I have to admit, so was I.

3 comments:

amy said...

You were in my neck of the woods! Looks like you had a fabulous time...and yes, it's mighty cold here. Very cold yesterday and today. Boo!
Amazing pics!
Cheers!
Amy

Mod Girl said...

I get chill bumps just thinking about being at Niagara in winter. Brrrr!

Love, love, love the family breakfast shot! A real life, rowdy, sweet moment.

The swim trunks... good job!

Mary Beth said...

They look very professional! I love how you did the piping across the back. And how lucky to have thrifted swimsuit fabric.