Wednesday, April 8, 2009

book making




I stumbled upon this book making blog a bit ago, and thought that a step book would be a perfect project for the kids. Today we made one showing where we live. The first step/page was our address with an illustration of our house. The next was our town, then state, country, continent, and finally our planet.

John has been very into making signs and labeling things around the house, so he loved making this and I think that it's an excellent tool in helping the guys understand where we are in relation to the world.

I can see many more of these little step books in our future.

5 comments:

Mod Girl said...

Your always find the most creatively juicy ideas! Love the step books, and that blog. Thanks for sharing.

Lisa said...

Does John know how to spell already?
Did he write those words by himself?

annemcd said...

I know what we're doing today! This reminds me of what must be a step book that I saw at a friend's house on fractions. The sky's the limit! Thanks for sharing!

Kelly said...

Thank you ladies! And yes, John KIND of knows how to spell. He wrote those words himself, but I told him how to spell those. He can read Bob Books and he goes around the house spelling stuff, albeit, sometimes very creatively. It's so cute.

Vanillabean said...

He is a smarty! I love book making. Thanks for sharing.