Tuesday, April 21, 2009

book report

I would say I'm a reader. I always have a book going. Actually, true to my flighty nature, I usually have several books going. But every now and again, I read one that I just have to share, so here is, The Little Lost Lamb, written and illustrated by John.
The cover
The story starts with the little lamb eating some hay. (I realized he wrote the "L" backwards, and apparently the word "hay" never made it to the page, but he informed me that there was a pile of hay in the tree and that's what the lamb was eating.)
The lamb then gets lost. Then he finds his mother. (That's her to the right of the barn.)
And then the lamb takes a rocket to the moon.
(I would have to say that this is my most favorite part of the story. Do you see the little lamb in the window of the rocket ship?!? Genius ending, if you ask me.)

John has really been loving the book making lately, so I've been making some blank books for him and he comes up with stories and then we read them together. This one has been my favorite so far.

3 comments:

Mod Girl said...

That is the cutest thing ever! I love his creativity and attention to detail.

amy @ switz~art said...

that is the best! what a great project to do together...quality time and creativity - who could ask for more?

Ry Guy said...

I like the drawing of the cow on page three.