Friday, April 17, 2009

progress

here is the progress on my biggest knitting project yet

My goodness, we seemed to have carried a tiny seed of illness from the last weekend into our week, where it grew and blossomed into a whole house full of sickies. But now the sun is shining and we're making progress, getting better, so maybe we can get outside and plant flowers instead.

Jamie has made progress in the crawling department, he is officially on-the-go. In fact, two days after he started crawling forward, he started pulling himself up on things into a full stand! Ever since he was born he has seemed so eager to be running around with his big brothers, I'm afraid it won't be long till he is doing just that.
John and Finn are making progress of their own. John's reading more words, Finn's drawing is taking new shape.
Daniel is almost finished with course work. I can't believe it. Next his dissertation, and then he will be Dr. Daniel.
And me.... sometimes I wonder about the progress I make. I know I'm growing too, but sometimes I'm thankful for knitted rows to give a tangible account of time, especially on days when all else seems to have been undone.
Hopefully your week was full of progress too.

3 comments:

Mod Girl said...

I can't wait to see what the final product is. Your knitting is always so pretty.

As for progress... I feel like my life is always two steps forward, one step back. Slow, baby steps at that. But, God is faithful to refine us, and that is the most wonderful "progress" of all.

annemcd said...

Isn't it so-- our progress is so slow and internal. Then you look at a mother who's been at it for so long and you ask, "how can you be so (insert desired quality here)", but that's just it. Its a long, slow, quiet work in progress.

As for the sickness, I feel your pain! We had something for about two weeks-- starting before Holy Week and ending after Easter. Ugh. I'm glad we're done!!!

Renee Therese (Towler) Clayton said...

How did you approach teaching your son to read? Did I miss that post?