Friday, May 29, 2009

an attempt

Sometimes I feel like have no idea how to do this blogging thing. I'm not sure what to say or how to say it. I go in fits and spurts like this. You've probably noticed. I feel better when I post though. It feels good to put things down in writing, to record the goings on, the progress of our days. So even though today is one of those days where I'm not really sure what to say, here's an attempt at a post:
got a little sewing done
I've been doing a little sewing lately. For not having any little girls of my own, I certainly make quite a few girls' things.
IMG_4348
Boys shorts from vintage fabric, vintage Liberty print skirt, and vintage bed-sheet-turned-girls' skirt
This was all I could photograph last night, as a major rainstorm started once I was outside. Thunder and lightning - very, very frightening. So while it rains outside, I'm hoping to do more sewing. Maybe the rain will break and I can get more pics later. Maybe.
IMG_4354
Other than all the sewing, we've been enjoying fruit smoothies, doing a little puddle jumping, and having fun with Uncle Pat who got into town yesterday morning. The boys have discovered he's a Lego genius. Let me tell you, it is a very good thing to have a Lego-genius around on rainy days when little boys are involved.
So there's my attempt. It felt a bit rough. I'll try again Monday.

5 comments:

~MG said...

A very enjoyable attempt, a nice glimpse of real life. I love your recent sewing projects. The skirts are darling and fresh.

Vanillabean said...

I absolutely love how finn is always in a hat :)

What do you do with all the girl stuff you sew? Save it for the next one :)

Kelly said...

Thank you MG!
And Erin, no saving :) I sell them down in the Strip district. I keep meaning to actually put some stuff in my etsy shop one day, but I seem to only be able to keep up with the stuff for the strip right now.

Bridget said...

Does Pat have my sweet, sweet Irish rock with him?!?!?! OOOO! I hope so!!! :)

kyndale said...

I feel like that too sometimes. I don't know what to write and it feels too forced. Sometimes, I have too much to say and don't know which to choose. So, I know how you feel. I am glad you post anyway. I will do the same.

Smiles,
Kyndale