Wednesday, May 6, 2009

the biggest knitting project ever is done

Well, my biggest knitting project to date is finished, that is.
Here is my new little summer top, made from a few skeins of cream colored cotton I thrifted. I found the pattern through ravelry. I was really pretty much done with it for a while, just a few rows more to go was all I needed, but for some reason, it seemed like I had much more to go, so I kept putting it off. I finished it last night and wore it today (which was very rainy, so I'm going to try and take better pictures later and maybe put them on flickr). The thought of knitting a sweater for myself was a big mental obstacle. I like short, instant gratification projects. This isn't a huge project by "real knitters" standards, but because it was bigger than a baby, it felt huge to me. Now I'm on the hunt for my next "big" one. I think I'm ready.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

All I can say is wow!
I am really impressed.

Mod Girl said...

It's beautiful! Really.

Vanillabean said...

Amazing! and Beautiful! Can I have it?