Tuesday, July 7, 2009

road knit

We're back from our visit to Uncle Ryan's. It was a very lovely time visiting with family, old friends, and blog-land friends too!

I got some knitting done in the car and finished this sweater.



Looks good, eh?



How 'bout this one?



Ok, the first two pictures are taken by John and the last is on the timer. I couldn't figure out why it was so blurry, but then realized that it was the wind. It's been so windy lately and it just kept shaking the camera. The sweater is not completely finished, there should be buttons somewhere and ends woven in, but over all, I like my "swingy" sweater (which I did in stockinette instead of a garter stitch, and shortened the sleeves - I think it makes a nice layering piece).

Well, cranky baby needs some bed.

2 comments:

Ry Guy said...

Stockinette was a good choice. Garter stitch is for sucks.

Bridget said...

Lovely! Great color! And it was awesome to see you guys while you were visiting Uncle Ryan! I'll give you a call when we hit the road. Hopefully you can come up to Lake Erie while we're there. I think we'll be there Tuesday, Wednesday and Thusday. If you don't have my cell #, ask Ryan for it. Hope to see you soon!