Wednesday, July 29, 2009

temporary insanity

or possibly a little more long-term than that. we'll just go with temporary for now.

IMG_4719

We made gobledeguck the other day. Two parts cornstarch to one part water. Lots of fun to mess around with. Then James got tired. I said to the boys, "Ok, keep the stuff in the bowl. Do not make a mess. I'm just going to put Jamie down for a nap. Please, just be good and don't get it everywhere."

Do I really even need to include an after picture?

I will anyways.

IMG_4726

And that is after a bit of tidying. There is still cornstarch in the cracks of my floors and on the window and fridge. Not as easy to clean as I'd imagined.

Lesson learned: Don't trust little boys, and play with gobbledeguck outside.

5 comments:

Renee Clayton said...

Yes, I have left my little boy for just a moment. 5-10 minutes while I put the baby done for a nap. He was watching a video, which usually keeps him in one place. I came back to a hot, steamy flood. (*Note to self - don't leave small child alone even if you think he can't get up to anything.) I have also had those moments in which I left the room while he's painting or something and thought this is like letting him run with knives and then I leave anyway.

Bridget said...

nice!

Kayleen said...

Kind of makes me less excited for Lou to grow up....

;)

annemcd said...

Yep. don't trust little boys. Love em to death, but you just can't trust them further than you can throw them!

mammafelice said...

Very funny! :)
And now I'm learning this lesson, too... never, never play with gobbledeguck. :)