Monday, July 27, 2009

maps

IMG_4714

We had a nice family weekend. We went to the Children's Museum, played outside, did housework and yard work, baked lots, went to the farm... and painted on the porch, which was the only activity I took pictures of.

IMG_4712

There has been a certain fascination with maps around here lately. Particularly maps which lead to treasure. I'm thinking of having my little cartographers make a map for me, as I'd love to have some treasure. Or at the very least, to know where mine is. But I think, in life, we get to choose where our treasure is, it's just the getting to it that can be tricky. Thus a map would be helpful ;)

Maps, maps, maps. All this talk makes me think of this song. The singer is totally nuts, but the song is a favorite.

Hope this Monday heads your week in the right direction.

3 comments:

Christian @ Modobject at Home said...

In my opinion those two gorgeous photos are a treasure! Nicely shot!

Kelly said...

Coming from you, that is quite a compliment. Thank you!!

Anna said...

You are such a good mom. I always drag the proverbial feet in the paint department.

The net result is a painting mystique that makes my children yearn for it even more.

Your maps may just inspire me...