Thursday, October 29, 2009

a not-so-exciting new shirt

new shirt

I've been wanting to be able to sew knits and jersey fabrics with greater ease. It always seems to be so hit and miss with me. Well, more miss than hit. I got the Built by Wendy, Home Stretch book forever ago, cut out the pattern, and never sewed it. Till now. It's a shirt. It's wearable. But, meh, not too exciting. The book, however, has helped me tremendously, and as I get more creative in the future, I hope to bust out some clothes a little less basic.

I'm cutting out this pattern right now. (I can't decide, short sleeves or long? Any thoughts?) It will be a bit more of a challenge for me, but hopefully it'll turn out. It stinks to get all gung-ho about a new project on a Thursday, cause as soon as the kids are in bed, I'm totally watching Community, Office, and 30 Rock.

Darn my tv addiction all to heck.

10 comments:

annemcd said...

love the dress! do share when you finish!

Kayleen said...

Long would be good for winter. And if you've got cable now - don't forget to tune into Project Runway, which is on at 10:00pm ;)

Christian @ Modobject at Home said...

I'm LOVING that photo! I can't wait to see what you turn out. I always love what you make and your willingness to jump in and try harder stuff inspires me.

Lisa said...

Great that you can make your own clothes, that shirt is really cute.
Can't wait to see the dress.

Lisa said...

P.S. What brand of jeans are those? I'm going to be needing some low rise jeans here soon and those are super cute.

Bridget said...

I would wear that shirt! Like it! Hey, so how funny was Ahbed (Abed?) as Batman on Community? I thought I was the only one watching that show. I also throw in Parks and Recreation. It has it's funny moments too!

Kelly said...

Troy : My greatest fear is waking up as a donut.
Ahbed : Because you'd eat yourself.
Troy: Without a doubt. It's so good to know other people think about these things too.

That show is freaking hilarious.

Thanks everyone!

Lisa, the jeans are American Eagle. I love that store for jeans and underwear. It's totally the best.

Kayleen, we don't have cable but we've been watching it on the internet on Sunday nights. I think my favorite is Carol Hannah.

Leilani said...

I love the top too. Totally cute!

Bridget said...

LOL! Yes, I love their end of the show stuff with Abed and Troy! :)

Anna said...

First, I actually think your top is really cute. And a darn flattering picture too. (You look eensy.)

And second, the dress is fantastic. If it were me, I'd do the 3/4 length sleeve like the image shows. So versatile.

Can't wait to see the pics...