Thursday, December 17, 2009

the art gallery

DSC_0774
Here's the little art display hanging in the boy's room. John and Finn are quite proud. They've been making pictures and art this week like they're working in a sweat shop. We got a little nativity coloring book and John worked so diligently and intensely on coloring that when it came time for dinner, he nearly had a breakdown because he didn't want to stop. He "had too much work to do!"
DSC_0775
There are pictures taped to just about every wall in my house now.
I've read that kids go through these kinds of spurts, where they are very intensely focused on one activity and it's best to let them just go at it. Apparently they are developing their skills of concentration. I just hope I have some tape left over to wrap Christmas presents.

3 comments:

Kathy said...

So many windows and so little time.

Christian @ Modobject at Home said...

Doesn't their creative, colorful occupation make you happy?! Just seeing those painted canvases on the wall make me smile. No wonder they are proud... they should be!

Vanillabean said...

I really like their paintings. The Starry night turned out well.