Friday, January 8, 2010

2010

Ok, so I have been convinced all week that Wednesday was Tuesday, yesterday was Wednesday, and this morning I just about spit out my coffee when I realized that it was indeed Friday, not Thursday. I'm wondering how the rest of the year is going to go when I can't seem to get the days right on the first week. Oh dear.

I'm determined to do better, though. We had a crazy start to 2010. Questionable health issues looming about & major changes in our foreseeable future were leaving this flighty girl feeling even less grounded. But I think we're going to be ok. God never gives us more than we can handle, right? Once more, I'm being reminded to trust.

All the craziness has me feeling compelled to make life more simple. I realize I spend so much time taking care of "stuff", and I'm tired of it. I want to majorly edit our belongings. Today I started in the dining room (which was housing many book, puzzles, games, and a plethora of art supplies). It was a good start and I'm excited to do more. Maybe if I can make my corners pretty, I'll put some pictures here.

'Til then, Finn asked me to take his picture. A thing he has not wanted me to do much lately, so I obliged.
DSC_0943
DSC_0944

3 comments:

Christian @ Modobject at Home said...

What beautiful brown eyes.

Simplifying is good... really good. Wouldn't you know it, the day I send you a link to an art supply sale is the day you're purging "stuff"!

Kelly said...

Thank you for the link Christian! You are so thoughtful. I actually really appreciate the info. Canvas will actually make it to the walls, unlike the paper that was suffocating our dining room. :)

Bridget said...

What "major changes" are in store for the future? I'm so curious what you meant! :)