Friday, January 29, 2010

cut ups

The boys got their first professional haircut today. My mom has done the job in the past, and Dan and I will occasionally butcher their hair if things are looking a little shaggy in between mema's visits. After our last two hack jobs, I decided to take them to someone who knew what they were doing. Now they look handsome.
DSC_1021

As we were driving home, John asks me, "Mom, should you wait for an expensive plumber?" I am completely puzzled at this point, (we have not had any *knock on wood* plumbing issues of late), he repeats himself and I say, "I'm sure we have waited for one in the past, why are you asking?"
John: Oh no! You shouldn't!
Me: Why? What should I do?
John: You shouldn't get an expensive plumber, you should get the Aqua-Snake. It even gets all that yucky hair out!

John and Finn then get into their own conversation about how much they want their own Aqua-Snake, but realize they are too small for such a cool, grown-up tool. They then decide that we should find them an Aqua-Snake for kids.

All this because I let them watch an episode of Busy Town Mysteries which has commercials.

2 comments:

Bridget said...

Aw! They look very cute! And how funny that they are trying to sell you an Aqua-Snake based on a commercial! My kids like to quote commercials to me sometimes. Dang TV!

father jim said...

That's hilarious, and yet disturbing at the same time that a commercial would stick in their heads. Hmm, I wonder how I can tap into that power. "Mom, should you spend more on a latte than you put in the collection? Oh no! You shouldn't!"