Wednesday, February 3, 2010

flakey

I've seen this book around, but we just acquired Snowflake Bentley for ourselves this week. I used to love snow, but I've become someone who looks outside and says, "Ice is falling from the sky! Don't go anywhere!" I have to say, this little book has renewed a bit of my former admiration for those icy gems, but I still won't drive in it.
We woke up this morning to a bit of flurries, so after making some scones and finally getting dressed, we headed outside with a piece of black felt to see what we could see.
snowflake
The boys were interested for a bit, James was just thrilled to be outside and kept saying, "Snow! Snow! Snow!", but then they all decided the snow was more fun to make into snowballs, rather than take pictures of the individual flakes. That was my cue to head inside.

6 comments:

Kayleen said...

Wow, that is so pretty!

Lisa said...

Wow! Amazing you were able to capture that snow flake. You must have a really nice camera.

Vanillabean said...

that is amazing.

annemcd said...

We read that last week and tried taking pictures, but all I got were white blobs-- yours are beautiful! Isn't it amazing that God cares enough to make snowflakes so intricate and gorgeous??

Kelly said...

Thank you all! I am borrowing a nice camera, but I think you can get this shot with a regular point and shoot. I just put the camera on the micro setting (the flower one) and got as close as I could while keeping in focus. Then I went to Picnik and cropped it. So try it if you can.

Anna said...

Really fantastic. I know you must be sick of your snow ... but I'm kind of longing for it!