sometimes post titles are hard to come by.
I'm sure seeing mountains of snow where suburban yards once were is getting boring, but I really can't get over how much snow there is. The highest point in our yard is almost 6 feet high (that's because of the snow plow). We got hit with yet another storm, and it's not done yet.
While I've been stuck inside, I continue to work on our purge. In my stash of fabric and craft supplies, I've been squirreling away Dan's old shirts as they get ruined for one reason or another. My plan has been to make something out of the non-stained or ripped portions, but I rarely do. So I've decided to make a major purge of the crafty stuff and go at it with a "use it or lose it" attitude. After seeing Kelley make some shirts from this tutorial, I thought I'd give it a go last night.
It took less than 90 minutes. I'd say, including tracking down an old, stained onesie from the rag bin, and subtracting break to put Jamie to bed, it took me a total of 45 minutes. And the shirt would be even cooler if I hadn't made the sleeves a centimeter too tight. I have more material, so I can cut new sleeves. Maybe that's the 90 minute part.
So now I have a few more to go. And if you would please reference the first photo, you'll see that I'm clearly not going anywhere, so hopefully I'll actually get them done.