Tuesday, June 22, 2010

the maine vacay

DSC_0055

DSC_0088


DSC_0139

DSC_0083
DSC_0124

the maine vacay

Ever since we moved out to Pennsylvania we have talked of taking a vacation in Maine.  Dan lived there for a time when he was a little guy and always wanted to go back to see what it was like, and a girlfriend and I took a road trip through there in college and I fell in love with the place.  This year we finally did it! My mom and sister came out for the trip as well, and we had such a wonderful time.  I think I consumed as much lobster over the course of our trip as I have in my entire lifetime.  The food was amazing and we just lived at the beach.  We came home refreshed and renewed, and now the boys want to move to Maine and grow up to be lobstermen.  I don't blame them.   I kind of want to be a lobsterman too.

3 comments:

Anne said...

I love Maine! Where did you go? I would totally be a lobsterman.. but maybe a crab-guy in WA first :) Great pics!

Vanillabean said...

Beautiful Pics! How fun! I want to go. Also your sweater in that last photo is killer!

Kelly said...

Hi Anne - we went to Owl's Head which is in mid-coast Maine.

Thanks Miss E - the sweater is a thrifty special I found this spring and loved. I was a bit pumped that Maine still had a bit of spring chill in the air so that I could wear it a bit more before summer.