Monday, July 12, 2010

the days go whirly-whirly

It feels like life has been a bit of a whirlwind lately.  Whirlwind's often cause one to forget to blog. 
DSC_0187
Mema visited. So did Fr. Jim, and I can't believe I didn't take any pictures of him during his visit. Sorry Jim. 
Aunt Katie is here.  Maybe I'll get pictures f her before she goes.

We've had some dinner parties.... I just loved the light here.
DSC_0151


















And we had a cozy 4th at home (where the non-projectile fireworks are just a bit more my speed.)  The boys discovered the joys of catching fireflies.  I think those may be the best fireworks of all.
DSC_0218
Finn says one of these guys is his pet. He named it "Fire-y".

We've been BBQ-ing a bit.  But this picture is really about my slip.  I recently made it so I could go for that Dottie Angel look.
DSC_0215
Really, it's been a lovely, lovely whirlwind. 

1 comment:

Anna said...

Do you know I've never even seen a firefly much less catch one?

We don't have them in our part of the country. So sad!

(By the way, love the dinner table pic.)