Tuesday, July 27, 2010

harvest two

DSC_0379[1]
My little container garden is coming along this year.  I can't help but be excited.  Plants are actually growing
DSC_0386[1]
and we're actually gathering food!  Yes, I'm silly, but if really feels a bit miraculous. People grow gardens all the time, but gardening has just been one of those things that I want to be able to do, but just haven't been able to do well.  So that fact that this year my plants are actually yielding fruit seems slightly on the side of amazing to me.  This year we've already had swiss chard, peas, new potatoes, a variety of herbs, beets, and now pickles are definitely in our foreseeable future.
DSC_0378[1]
In related garden news, the other morning I found these little guys.  This is what I think it is, right??  Little ladybugs hatching in my plants??  I sure hope so, cause I let them live.

2 comments:

Anne said...

CONGRATS!! I'm so happy for you--and jealous, but in a good way. I want to grow a garden, too. All I have is herbs on my window sill at this point. We'll see if they last the winter.

Pickles, huh? have you tried this recipe yet? Tasty! http://smittenkitchen.com/2010/06/bread-and-butter-pickles/

Christian @ Modobject at Home said...

Kelly, it IS miraculous! People have babies all the time but each one is a miracle... so is each garden! Enjoy your little harvest; I agree, growing your own bounty is exciting!

Those ladybugs are amazing!