Thursday, August 12, 2010

blah de blah de blah

Wow.  Two pictureless posts this week.  Not like me.

News worthy event: James slept through the night last night!!!!  He went to bed some time after 8pm, and slept in his crib till 5am.  This is the first time since he was born that I would have been able to sleep through a whole night.  I say would have, because quite ironically, there was a massive thunderstorm in the middle of the night that was right over our house and lasted a good half hour.  I can't believe it didn't wake the kids.  The house was literally trembling. 

I am very bummed because I need to get my sewing machine serviced.  It's acting a pretty wacky, and I'm sure it's because I never put the cover on like I should and it gets rather dusty (James might have also done some damage, I'm unsure, but that little bugger loves to play around with it any time he can sneak in the guest room).  So I can't start on my fancy fabric shirt yet.  It takes two weeks for the sewing machine shop to get it back to me.  Why does two weeks feel like an eternity?

I have started on a very large project - non-sewing related.  In fact, it's not knitting or cooking related either.  It is a very stressful, large, time-consuming project that really has me scared out of my wits.  That's really all I can say about it now.  Maybe if it turns out to be a success I'll share.  So cryptic.  I know.  We should play 20 questions and whoever guesses right gets a prize.  (To anyone who already knows, no fair guessing!)

John just came upstairs from the basement saying, "Moooooommmm!  Finn is trying to make me not clean up!  He's trying to make me play!"  Oh that Finny, he's a naughty one.  Making people play all the time.  What a rascal.

Ok, so here's my confession: my memory card on my camera is full and I've been too lazy all week to empty it.  Maybe I'll actually do it tonight and start taking pictures tomorrow.  But maybe I'll sit on the couch and watch a little show with a handsome fellow I've been seeing and drink and very full glass of wine. 
Hmmmm... decisions, decisions.

2 comments:

Christian @ Modobject at Home said...

Why delete photos when you can watch a show with a handsome fellow? My memory card is perpetually full; I only delete as I need space. I think my photographic life would be simpler if deleted more often. Oh well.

I hope you succeed in your big project so I can read about it here.

Anna said...

Hmmm...I'm guessing I know what decision you ultimately made!

Hope you are all feeling better!