Wednesday, August 4, 2010

more knitting

Does it look like I spend all my time knitting and sewing?  Really, I started a bunch of projects ages ago and they're all just coming together at the same time.  Quite the confidence boost, really, to finish one thing after another.  Makes me feel so productive.  Now I'll start a whole slew of new projects and six months from now I'll have another "What I Made" week. Anyways...
People just don't wear shawls very much anymore.  We watched Anne of Green Gables while I was sick.  Everyone was wearing a shawl.  And they looked so darn cute doing it.  I decided I'm bringing shawls back.  I don't know where they went, but I'm going to bring them back.
DSC_0416

I had purchased some yarn back in April that was very thick and nubby and I just loved the texture of it.  I purchased it with the idea of making a shawl and tried knitting it up in 3 different patterns.  Each time I had to frog it because it just didn't look right.   Last month I checked out The Private World of Tasha Tudor and so loved it.  In some of the pictures she wore a simple garter stitch shawl that looked so cozy, and I realized this simple shawl of hers more suited showing off the texture of this yarn.

DSC_0417
I was so fun and satisfying to knit.  Just rows and rows of knitting, no purling.  Makes me want to knit another.  Now I think Fall just needs to arrive.

3 comments:

Anne said...

me too--I'm totally ready for Fall :)

oonaballoona said...

i've been loving shawls so much, i've been wearng them outside in NY heatwaves like a crazy person.

love this and your beautiful golden one! and i'm excited to see the scared-to-cut material, i have some of that as well...

Anna said...

I just love everything about this! I've always been smitten with movie-shawls. Bring 'em back, girl! I'm with you!