Tuesday, September 21, 2010

If a blogger goes to the beach...

...and nobody takes pictures, did they really even go at all?

We went to the beach today.  It was perfect.  And also the second time I've been to the beach with the kids in the last few days and forgot my camera.  Precious moment after precious moment just lost, never to be recorded to digital memory. grrrrrr....... We did manage to have such a lovely time despite my itchy shutter finger.  One of the things I think moms fantasize about when they decide on homeschooling (or at least I did) was the idea that we could take school with us some days, that we didn't have to be confined to a classroom.   Today being one of the very few rainless days we've had since we got into town, I was determined to take advantage of it.  We packed up this morning, books and food, and headed to the beach.  It was so perfect.  I was really mentally prepared for things to not go well.  Like the boys be too distracted to actually listen, or James be too naughty, but everything went so great!! The boys did all their work and James played happily nearby - no naughtiness at all. 
So yes, I am very pleased with myself and our day.  Which is good.  Makes up for some others. ; )  I just wish I had pictures.

No comments: