Monday, October 18, 2010

the beach

DSC_1203

DSC_1211

DSC_1222

DSC_1232

DSC_0002

So I finally managed to bring my camera with me to the beach.  It's not the only time I realize this, but, for some reason, when I am at the water I feel so especially blessed to be here.  We brought a little lunch and had a little picnic on the beach and then the boys played so happily.  John and Finn were making pyramids.  We've been learning about Ancient Egypt in our history.  It blows me away that their school is something that interests them so much so that it makes its way into their play. I never felt that way about school.  Again, I feel so blessed that they do feel that way. 

3 comments:

Anne said...

I'm so glad you have returned to Seattle. Not just because you are all (clearly) so happy there, but because (selfishly) I can live vicariously through your posts, soaking up the wonder that is the PNW :)

You have lovely children, and your pictures are fantastic! Keep it coming :D

petitcompaore said...

I love how with the homeschool you can focus more on their interests - it seems like there are a lot of difficulties with that happening in public schools nowadays.
It looks like it was a beautiful day to be at the beach!

Vanillabean said...

How Beautiful.