Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Whose woods these are I think I know

DSC_1104

DSC_1108

DSC_1109

DSC_1141

Trees covered with lichen.  Doesn't it look like snow?
DSC_1142


Today was beautiful. We all went for a lunch time walk around the lake. These are the woods I grew up in. The trails flooded with memories. All good ones, too.

Not only was it a beautiful day, but it was just a good day. The kids' school work went really well. Now that John is in first grade, school and the planning of our school day just takes more time.  Usually it is fine, but it was one of those days both boys seemed really into what we we doing. And that just feels so good. We've started nature journals again. I think this time it's really going to stick (in the past it seems the journals get filled with pictures of super heroes before we get out for our next nature walk). I checked out this book from the library and found it so very helpful in getting us going. I didn't get a picture of it, but the boys looked so cute standing in the yard sketching away.  So instead, this very cute mushroom will have to suffice.

DSC_1146

1 comment:

Kelley said...

beautiful! I miss the pacific forests. I am not far from them, but it is high desert in my yard.