Tuesday, April 26, 2011

something about joy

DSC_0441
Hey Leilani, here's the view from our deck I told you about.

I've been thinking a lot about joy lately.  We are, after all, in a joyful season; the Easter season.  But it's funny, though.... a million times a day, I let little things steal my joy.  Perhaps it's a bit less like stealing than me just giving up my joy for some minor irritation.  It's a problem, no doubt, but I intend to work on it.  Blogs are good ways to work on joy, you know?  They're generally pretty cheerful places, those blogs - not necessarily turning a blind eye to difficulty, but just focusing on beauty, joy, love and kindness and stuff.  So maybe, as I ease back into this blogging thing, I'll try to focus on some joyful things.  And I should do fashion week.  I've made/refashioned a lotta clothes during my break.  Aaaaaaaaannnnnnnnd Meg at Elsie Marley is having her kids clothing week again and finally, finally, I can actually participate.  I feel like every time she's had it I'm moving or my sewing machine doesn't work.  Soooooooo..... I've got that going for me. 

4 comments:

oonaballoona said...

man, if i needed a little joy, i'd march right up to that DECK!

i'm glad you're back. i go through the why-do-i-put-anything-up-on-a-blog thing daily. i'm glad you found your reason, it's an excellent one! (or rather, three).

anne said...

yay! I'm so glad you are back in the blogging world :) I've missed hearing from you, and of course, the pictures of your handsome boys!

speaking of joy, have you seen this blog: http://www.annaleahart.com/ a lot of her posts and her sweet kids remind me of you :)

Kelly said...

Thanks Oona and Anne, it's nice to be back.

Leilani said...

Absolutely gorgeous!! We need to visit. ;)