Monday, May 9, 2011

kcwc

So here is my first piece for the kids clothing week challenge (the link is in my side bar, I'm too lazy to get another.)
DSC_0191
Even though my kids keep asking when it's going to finally get warm, I thought I'd be prepared in the event that the temps did in fact rise about 70 degrees (not that we've been even close).
DSC_0192
The pattern is from this book (I can't find a link to a store).  I made the size 6 and they came out huge.  Flat front with elastic in the back.  I went ahead and made the elastic adjustable by adding button holes and a button to the inside of the shorts.  He'll definitely be able to wear them next year as well.  I found the fabric at a thrift sale for $.75, so it's a pretty sweet deal. 
DSC_0193
In other news, this is my kitchen.  Soooooooo.... guess what I'm going to spend the next hour doing?  Then I'm making play-dough.  James just informed me.

1 comment:

Kelley said...

awesome! love the shorts, and the kitchen! heeheehee... I also did a "pant" but I have been away from the internet ill now, post coming later!