Tuesday, May 24, 2011

of all the weird things I take pictures of...

of all the weird things I do, this is a pretty good one.  As far as weirdness goes.
DSC_0278
When Dan got up this morning, he walked into the hall, then came back to tell me that Jamie must have had a dirty diaper in his sleep, as the whole house stank.  I told him to check him.  He came back to say James had not, in fact, sullied himself.  Dan proceeded downstairs to make coffee and realized the broth I was making in the crock pot overnight was the the stinky culprit.  And soooooooooo, that is how my crock pot happened to be on my front porch with the cord laced through the mail slot.

6 comments:

briana said...

That is actually a great way to use a crock pot in the summer when you don't want it to add heat to the house. Or if you are cooking something particularly aromatic.

Kelly said...

I was just telling Dan that I missed our old house because we had outlets on our covered porch, where in the summer I tossed the crockpot outside. Today is fine for my little set up, but were the weather different, I'm not sure my front porch set up would work.

Lisa said...

That is Hilarious!
Sooo...I feel like I can ask this question since I'm family and you have to love me:)
If the broth smells like poo, why are you keeping it? Also what kind of broth is it?

Kelly said...

:) I used the left over pork ribs from when my dad bbq'd the other night. I thought it would make a good broth for bean with bacon soup. It didn't smell poopy in a real yucky sort of way. more like how baby poop smells like buttered popcorn, but you still eat buttered popcorn even though you realize it smells like baby poop. Anyways. It was awful. The broth was like pure grease. Super bad idea. I ended up tossing it and making my soup with some chicken broth.

Kathy said...

Wonder what the mailman thought? Probably not enough stamps for delivery.

Lisa said...

They mailman may have thought chamber pot, instead of crock pot.
Sorry just had to say it:)