Wednesday, July 27, 2011

backyard picnic

DSC_0734

The last few days have actually been rainy, and I've been trying to figure out how to mentally get back.  Do you ever have that happen?  Go on a trip and then forget how to run you house when you get back?  Admittedly, this happens to me even when I have not gone anywhere.  Sometimes I just wake in the morning, amble downstairs, and wonder what it is, exactly, I'm supposed to be doing here? 

DSC_0720
Can you see it? Surprise! it's a rainbow!

I've decided that God is the ultimate "surprise-party-throwing-friend".  You know what I'm talking about, right?  I feel like everyone, or lotsa people, have that one friend who is always trying to throw a surprise party for someone, or just trying to surprise people in general, for whatever reason.  That friend is great, because they're always trying to do nice things for others.  I love that friend.  But I'm gonna tell ya, I hate surprises.  Ok, sometimes I'm ok with nice, little surprises, but in general, I like to know what's coming.  I hope God enjoys this little game of "surprise!" he plays with me (at this very moment, He just surprised me with the cutest humming bird, right outside me window).  I'm trying so hard to play with good sportsman-like behavior, but I keep failing.

So now that I've got you thinking, "wow, miss flighty's been smokin' some phat crack this morning!" and "this is not a very appropriately titled post at all! She hasn't said anything about that first picture, and barely tied in the second.  And she said it was raining! When did she even take these picture?!?"  I'm sure those were your exact thoughts, weren't they?  I know.  My mind reading skills are pretty spot-on.   Well we had sunny days this weekend, and my sweet, sweet, love of my life - knowing that I'm a bit disoriented these days - prepared this beautiful little picnic dinner for us all.  We had such a lovely time together.   It was a nice surprise, I must say.

DSC_0735
yep, that's a sled  in the background.  If you don't keep a sled in your backyard for grass-rides in the summer, you don't know what your missing. 

3 comments:

oonaballoona said...

this post. is AWESOME. spot on about surprise party god.

and your man brought out the teacups? COME ON.

Kelly said...

Oh thank you miss oona. And the teacups come out when all the other cups are dirty ;)

Anna said...

Your backyard meal is my kind of perfection. And I love that you are using real dishware!