Friday, July 29, 2011

merry christmas!

DSC_0741
I just put the photo in and the red and green made me think of Christmas.  Anyways.

I visited my parent's house the other day, and their basil was of monstrous proportions.  So I helped them out, went home with two cups of the green, and made some crazy delicious pesto. You've got to try it.  Who ever thought of putting feta instead of parmesan into pesto was a genius.  Oh, wait, was that me?  Oh, yes. It was. 
(ok, so I guess I may not be the first person to ever think of it, but I still did think of it on my own before I realized anyone else did ; )

2 cups basil
1/4 cup olive oil
2-3 cloves garlic
1/3 cup walnuts
1 tsp sea salt
1 cup feta cheese
juice of 1/2 to whole lime

I threw the first four ingredients in the blender and pureed it, then gradually added the rest of the ingredients.  You can judge how much lime juice to put in to taste.

I love this pesto and am totally making more.

Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Anna said...

Resisting the urge to gnaw on my screen.

Yum.