Wednesday, July 13, 2011

owls go "woo, woo"

DSC_0711
We read the book Owls in the Family not too long ago, so the boys have been big fans of owls ever since.  I happened to look through the latest issue of Small magazine (btw, I don't look at it regularly, and was quite shocked by the little girl clothes - they make them look like little adults! and not in a good way. Anyways) and saw a little owl-egg carton craft and thought, "We could do that!" So we did.  Except, when I looked at Small's version after we did ours, I realize I didn't pay attention to the details that well.  That's ok, James and Finn are quite pleased with their creations and are off playing owls. 
Speaking of play, I think we're going to have to make a trip to the park today.  My poor deprived children.  This morning they were playing "park".  This consisted of pretending that they were playing on playground equipment in our living room.  I found it quite entertaining and sat and knit while they played on monkey bars, spun on the merry-go-round, and when James yelled at me and asked me to push him on the swing, I told him he was going to have to figure out that pumping thing on his own.  So there he and Finn were, running forwards and backwards, yelling about how fun their swings were.  After all that, they were tired, so they sat down to rest on the park bench that apparently masquerades as our loveseat. 

No comments: