Wednesday, July 6, 2011

yarn along

DSC_0656
This picture does not seem very congruent with our weather. It is sunny and supposed to be close to 80 degrees today, yet the colors here seem so Fall-ish.  I guess brown wool will do that.  I've wanted to participate in Small Things' yarn along, as I, too, am pretty fond of books and knitting, but haven't gotten around till now. 
I'm just starting The Good Earth, so I don't have much to say about it.  The knitting project is a sweater I started for Daniel two years ago.  Now, this project has been a wreck.  I picked out a pattern and had the back almost finished before I realized the color work portion was all out of whack, so I waited a year and a half, then frogged it and decided to just go for a simpler pattern.  So I started the Elizabeth Zimmerman saddle shoulder sweater and messed that up, had to frog it again, but have managed to restart it and things are going smoothly.  For now.
And, looking on the bright side, I'll get to both knit and read my book today, as I've pinched a nerve in my neck and can barely move! Oy.  Anyone have any good home remedies?  I want to avoid the chiropractor, if I can.

2 comments:

Alisa said...

Sorry about your neck....heat packs usually help me! I'm working on a sweater as well and I'm liking the color of yours! (hopped over from the yarn along) Happy knitting!!

accountantgrrl said...

Yikes!

The only thing I can think of is a heating pad. Take care of yourself. :-)