Monday, September 19, 2011

black & white & tired all over

DSC_0920
I made another Schoolhouse Tunic in some fabric my cousin gave me years ago. I think I needed to make it a size smaller.  I swim in it.  It makes it super comfy, but not super flattering.  And this outfit is super hand-made, as I made the scarf too. 
A short post for today, (actually, I feel like that's pretty standard for me I guess - but I mean to write longer ones) 'cause I'm so tired right now.  We had a good day of lessons, and then the boys and I hauled and stacked nearly an entire cord of wood.   It feels so good to be getting ready for winter, and the boys actually like the manual labor, but our muscles are sore for it.  Finn was so funny, he kept saying, "Man! What's this wood made of, anyways?! Bricks?!"

6 comments:

Kelley said...

Ahhhh kids, they say the darndest things...
I like the check print, and I am all for fitted, maybe a belt?
You look very Fall! I always enjoy a good wood stacking session.

Lori ann said...

i love your dress and scarf, they look so pretty on you. i wish i were motivated to sew i love dresses.

anne said...

you look lovely!! I love all the yellows and grays you use in your wardrobe :) so chic.

and your boys are hilarious. I want to be around them all the time, just to laugh with them! so cute..

Kelly said...

Thank you ladies!
Miss K, just a bit smaller, not fitted. Not all have perfect little bodies like you ;)
And Miss A, any time you and T are coming through the OR coast, we have a spare room. The boys have a steady supply of antics :)

Leilani said...

Cuuute! Did you use a pattern?

Kelly said...

Hello Leilani! Yes, I did. Click on the Schoolhouse Tunic link in the post. I love the pattern and this was my second time using it.