Tuesday, October 11, 2011

we're going on a bear hunt

This morning I came downstairs and looked out the window and saw patches of blue sky.  Dan and I downed our coffee, quickly fed kids, and raced to the beach.  It has been quite gray, and I've been down and out with headaches.  Blue sky felt like a breath of air, and we knew it wouldn't last. 
I brought my camera and must have taken over fifty pictures.  We saw pelicans, walked through tall grass, and just watched the waves for a while.  Afterwords, when I looked at the pictures, they reminded me of the kid's book, We're Going on a Bear Hunt, illustrated by Helen Oxenbury.  Thankfully, however, we did not actually meet any bears.DSC_1120

DSC_1122

DSC_1124

DSC_1138

DSC_1158

DSC_1169

DSC_1172

DSC_1178

DSC_0023

DSC_0030

DSC_0032

3 comments:

Kelley said...

I love them all, but especially the ones of the beach grass and little boys. I feel for you with the headaches. Enjoy the beach everyday that you can!

kayleen said...

Stunning shots! I love beach grass, and how picturesque it can be as it's blowing in the wind.

I want to come there, right now! We are working on finding a weekend that can fits. I know Dan is really busy this month, so if we come we will just have to spend most of the day at the beach so he can get all his work done! ;)

Christian @ Modobject at Home said...

Kelly, let me just say that I L.O.V.E. everything about the photo of all three boys walking through the tall beach grass. Oh my... absolutely breathtaking. Have it printed, huge, on a canvas and hang it prominently! Seriously, the colors, textures, and little men -- stunning!