Wednesday, November 16, 2011

yarnin' right along

The wind is blowing so hard outside, our little house is shaking .  If I don't blog tomorrow, I may have been blown away.
DSC_0492

I finally finished this little cardigan over the weekend, but I have yet to put the buttons on.  I was going to do it today, but woke with a terrible cold, so things have been running on sick-mama mode.  We all know that mode, don't we?  But seriously, there's been far less t.v. than one might think.  I pulled out my buttons in the hopes of finding something in my stash for the sweater, but holy cow, out of the thousands of buttons in there, I can't seem to kind six the same as well as the right size. It might have something to do with my helpers.  If I pull out that box of buttons, it's like magic, all my helpers appear.  So the contents of my button stash are all over the living room floor right now, and I have some new, and ever so classy, button jewelry - hand-made by said helpers, of course.  But, I don't have buttons on the sweater.  James put it on, and I tried to take a picture, but it's just been so dark all day, this is the only one that I managed to get in focus.  I'll try again later, when I finally get some buttons.  I'd love to get these, but $48 for buttons just isn't in the craft budget at the moment.
Ok, I think I need to go blow my nose and pick some buttons up from the floor.  I really hope your life is involving something a little more exciting.  If not, try here.
Oh! I forgot.  The yarn along is all about knitting and books.  I'm reading Everything I Want to do is Illegal by Joel Salatin.  This book is awesome.  I can't recommend it enough.  And we also just finished Little Britches by Ralph Moody for our family story time book.  (In fact, I won it in Ginny's give-away.)  I just bawled at the end.  I think it's a wonderful book for boys, but as a parent, I feel I learned from it as well.  Ok.  Now I'm done.

5 comments:

Lori ann said...

kelly it's gorgeous. i love the sweater and your photo. feel better soon.
(i had the same button problem)
:)

Kelley said...

The wind is really blowin here too!

LOVE that cardi!

Vanillabean said...

That sweater is BEEEAAAUTIFUL!

Swanski said...

Beautiful cardigan and I love the photo! Gorgeous :)

(lia) said...

That really is a GREAT photo and a beautiful sweater!