Sunday, January 1, 2012

new year

DSC_0847
On this, the first day of 2012, we played at the beach.  Well, the boys played.  I sat with Daniel.  Poor Daniel.  Poor everyone, really.  You see, we had our most beautiful Christmas day, and then hurried the next morning to drive to Seattle and see all our family.  We made it as far as Portland before John got sick, (the flu) and since James had just had the bug before Christmas, we knew it would be best if we turned around and not risk exposing anyone else to it.  By the time John got better, we started to pack the car again, and Daniel got sick.  So here we are, still, in our little quarantine by the sea. 
I made Daniel come with us to the beach this afternoon and sit on a log.  I thought the salty air might help a little, though I'm not sure it did.  I tried to take our picture, but all I had with me was my 50mm lens.  So here we are, in 2012; blurry, bleary, off-center, and out of focus.  I'm hoping it's not a sign of the year to come, because focus and clarity are what I'm craving.  
DSC_0839
But can you see?  It's hard, I know, but it's right there.  In this awful picture.  We are happy.  We are waiting in joyful hope for what 2012 will bring.  On that point, I am clear. 

Happy New Year.

2 comments:

Vanillabean said...

Hope you are all well soon! & HAPPY NEW YEAR!

kayleen said...

I feel like together you and Dan can do anything. You two seem to really be blessed by a great marriage (though of course I know it takes work and grace :) I look up to you guys!