Tuesday, February 7, 2012

...

The days have been beautiful. A few days ago it had rolled around to the 4 o'clock hour, and I realized I had no idea what to cook, so we went to the beach.


DSC_0037
John was pretty excited about "cooking his own dinner".  And they were all so good about scavenging for kindling.
DSC_0044
I don't think I have eaten as much junk food in I don't know how long.  There were s'mores, of course. Maybe next time, with a little more planning, we could make dinner a little healthier, and avoid the pre-bedtime sugar-crash and melt down.  But we should still have s'mores, I think.

Other than beach adventures, we just been living our ordinary days.  Home-school.  House-cleaning.  I made a new shirt.  I'm not sure what I think of it.  I keep making clothes too big.  Clearly, in my mind, I think I'm much larger than I am.  Room to grow, I guess.  And then there's the waiting we've been doing.  Where would my life be without Waiting?  I have no idea.  It's such a familiar companion.  Together so often, you would think we were 'best friends forever'.  Mostly, our wait these days is to hear from jobs.  I try to be patient.  I try to be present and give myself fully to the moment I am in.  You may think waiting a passive thing, but I assure you, it is not.  It is actively present in our thoughts and actions.  I may look as though I'm washing dishes, reading stories, or knitting, but really, I'm waiting.  I've always been a multi-tasker.  Anyways.

That just seemed a downer of a para-graph.  Silly me.  I think I'll have a decaf coffee while I wait.  And a cookie.  Now nobody minds waiting with coffee and cookies.  All is good now. 

3 comments:

oonaballoona said...

my thoughts (all) exactly.

i just had a chai latte.

peacework designs said...

LOVE the dinner. Not sure why you're worried about something like that being particularly 'healthy'. Go eat another s'more.

Vanillabean said...

That looks like so much fun!

Your paragraph on waiting was written very well. While you wait we can plan a few video projects. We'll collaborate soon.