Thursday, November 1, 2012

a word to those who lack wisdom - cause I think the wise already got this down

CSC_0030
This is my sick little one.  Not even four weeks old, and someone has kindly given her a cold to enjoy.  I'm loving it too. The sleepless nights.  The panic one feels when their newborn struggles to breathe - such an adrenaline rush, really.  But, as much as I'm enjoying all of this, I would love to pass on a word of advice: If you have a little cold or sickness, please don't bring it over to a family who has just had a baby.  The mother will spend her days after your visit mentally telling you off.

5 comments:

ryeblossom said...

I hope she gets well soon!

I know how scary it is...

Just in case- a newborn under 30 days old with fever, should be taken to the emergency room right away. I can't promise it'll be fun though :(

Best wishes to all of you :)

anne said...

poor little girl :( Kathy came by and told us today.. lame! we'll keep you all in our prayers for a quick recovery!

Kelly said...

Thank you. No fever, fortunately. Just congestion and coughing, making it hard for her to sleep and breathe.

Briana said...

that is so sad. It is definitely one if the worst parts about cold and flu season. I feel like putting up a sign saying if you, or anyone you have been in contact with in the past week, has a runny nose, cough, vomiting, or anything remotely resembling an illness, please refrain from knocking on my door. I think mothers and infants should also get a special dispensation for flu season, though I find going on Saturday less populated. It is awful to be so wary of people, but having a sick infant is about as miserable as it gets. Hope she gets better soon.

Lisa said...

Oh I know your pain....Joaquin had slight pneumonia in his upper chest at 4 weeks. Audrey had a temp of 103 and was taken to the Emergency room 5 weeks. With both sick babies I slept upright on the couch. And Yes if you have a cold even a slight one stay away from the house that holds a newborn! It is the hardest thing as you know to watch your baby suffer.