Thursday, December 6, 2012

TONS of Allie pics so my dad can stop his crying

Cause he's a ginormous baby like that. ;-)  I love you dad.
DSC_0295
Poor honey.  She's such a lovely, pretty girl, but always wearing neutral colors.  I swear, she wears pink sometimes.  I'm sure, when I look back on these baby photos when I'm 60, it will help that she's wearing a necklace.  Otherwise I know I'll confuse her with one of the boys.
DSC_0296
John's reading The Hobbit.  He's just a couple chapters away from being done now.  It's so great to see him so engrossed in a story.  I can't wait till Finn gets to that same place.  Then I'll be able to say things like, "Let's forget school work and house work today.  We'll just make hot chocolate and popcorn and be cozy and read all day."  There's much to be said for simple dreams.
DSC_0308
This is a game that's now banned.  It's looks innocent enough.  Trust me.  It's not.
DSC_0316
This face cracks me up.
DSC_0334
When I look at this picture of Finn, I can actually feel the crispy air filling my lungs.
DSC_0339 DSC_0349
I cut the boys' hair this week.  It was about time.
DSC_0355
Winter light & shadows.
DSC_0363 DSC_0373
With her daddy, the doctor.  Dan finished his PhD. We're so proud.
DSC_0378 DSC_0384 DSC_0385 DSC_0388

These days.  They are so full.  They seem to overflow, pouring from one into the next.
While I try to
stuff.
more.
in.
And I try to hold it all.
But days are liquid, and all I have are these hands to hold them.
I should really think up a better storage solution.
Maybe bins....

I'm sure I just plagiarized that analogy.

"Immature poets imitate. Mature poets steal."  T.S. Eliot

He also said, "Bad poets deface what they take."

I just heard a heavy truck rumbling by, and was suddenly stricken with panic, thinking that I just missed garbage day. Again.  But I didn't. So that's good.

This morning I was grinding coffee beans and the smell filled me with a memory of a feeling that was almost tangible, but the harder I tried to remember, the more quickly it left me.  But it was fine, cause it felt full of anxiety.  I don't really need that.

Aawwwww.... the musings from the postpartum mind.  Why do they let me on the internet? Why do I feel the need to type these thoughts out?  Maybe it will help you feel more sane.  You're welcome.

Anyways.  One day I'll be more coherent. I hope.

5 comments:

Vanillabean said...

I love it!
All of it, esp the ramblings.

Lisa said...

Beautiful family, and congratulations to Dan on his PHD! Finn looks just like you in that great photo you took of him running, amazing. You are full hippie now that your baby is wearing an amber necklace...I feel I can say this because I live in a hippie town:)

Kayleena said...

Thanks for the pics! She's so cute. Are you doing a Christmas card this year? I would love to have her beautiful face in print form to hang up. (As well as everyone else's too of course!)

Kate said...

I need more pictures...

petitcompaore said...

All of the pictures are gorgeous! And ditto everything Lisa said - Congratulations to Dan on his PhD, and Finn looks really a lot like one of the Corrigan kids in our old photo albums from when I was little. That little face cracked me up too.

:) I like the TS Eliot quote. It is true though, he totally stole from other literature, all the time. I remember reading a line in Anna Karenina and thinking, wow, this is exactly a line in T.S. Eliot's Love Song of J.Alfred Prufrock. Except Eliot was alive after Tolstoy. Therefore Eliot stole it - but in a good way.