Wednesday, December 12, 2012

winter's here

DSC_0402 DSC_0407 DSC_0418 DSC_0422 DSC_0424 DSC_0432 DSC_0438 DSC_0441

Well, one of my greatest fears was realized.  It snowed.  How have I become this person?  I guess it's really not the snow in general that bothers me.  It's so beautiful.  And I've really wanted to get out there and take a turn on the sled myself.  It's just the driving on slick icy surfaces that makes my stomach churn and my body tense up, and I make brilliant decisions like, "I'll just stay home till April!"  I keep being told I'll have to get used to it.  By everybody and myself.  I'm just not sure how.  I told Daniel I need a boxcycle, cause first of all, it's awesome.  And second, I believe I would be much less likely to kill somebody while using it.
So aside from the snow: Uncle Pat came to visit (we didn't get any pictures!!! what's up with that??). Alli tried out the johnny-jumper, and I think we can all see from the photo what she thought of that. We've been preparing for Christmas, and I've been avoiding the car.

7 comments:

father jim said...

In your defense, these were NOT the driving conditions in which to put on your big girl pants and say, "I can do this!" Even the natives are complaining about the roads.

Kelly said...

Fr. Jim, I put on big girl pants EVERY DAY. And they're not for snow. Rather a lack of going to the gym.

peacework projects said...

ha! ha! ha! 10 winters in Colorado. i can sympathize. i'm now back in sunny CA and LOVING the lack of snow. snow is pretty. for five minutes. and then i'm quite happy for it to leave. . .

Kelly said...

Oh Heather, I totally agree.

Vanillabean said...

You got some beautiful pictures. I love the one of your house at night ... the yellow lit windows make me want to cozy up inside.

petitcompaore said...

So that's what real frost looks like....

Love the one of Alli and her brother! Those big eyes :)

Kelly said...

Oh Gina, I know. I remember reading in some little house book about jack frost coming and now I know she was talking about.