Tuesday, February 26, 2013

John's Ninja Movie



John's been pretty interested in making movies lately.  He's been making flip books and such, and then recently learned about how to make a stop motion movie.  I helped him upload the pics to Microsoft Movie Maker, but he did all the camera work himself. (It's pretty funny, you can see his hand in at least one of the shots. But hey, he's 8.)  Now I think he may be an addict.  He's making plot lines and wondering how he can get his hands on a camera of his own.

5 comments:

Vanillabean said...

I love Him! This is so great!

Red Herring Jeff said...

Wow, that's awesome! I've started making some little ones with the "Vine" app on my phone. Hopefully soon, I'll get the time to try making some longer movies. Thanks for aharing!

Leilani said...

This is amazing! Matt and I loved it. I played it like 3 or 4 times. LOL.

meg said...

are you kidding?! this is amazing! what did he use to make it?

Kelly said...

Hey Meg, he used my camera (Nikon D60) but I don't think it would matter. We googled "how to make a stop-motion movie" after he had read about in a library book. I happen to have microsoft movie maker on my computer (who knew?) and we just uploaded to pictures to that. The tutorial we looked at showed how we could speed up the rate at which the pictures showed. When we uploaded it to youtube, they had music available that we could add to the movie, and we picked the one that seemed perfect.